Here are our simple 7 steps on how to get your business to stand out from the rest:
- Get yourself noticed – use testimonials, press releases and case studies to showcase our value and professionalism. Websites like LinkedIn or ‘the bestof’ help to make all testimonials look genuine rather than something written on your website.
- Create a niche for yourself – focus on one area of the market and become the ultimate sought-after professional for those in this niche. Your marketing costs will go down while the referrals will increase.
- Under-promise and over-deliver – ensure that you are able to deliver before the deadline.
- Have expert knowledge – whether it’s a specific set of skills (like Facebook landing pages design) or knowledge (virtual assistant coaching) it will make you more valuable to your clients.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses – we can’t be equally good at everything. Capitalise on your strengths and find someone else to do what’s your weakness.
- Ask questions – you’ll demonstrate your interest in the client and their business and may uncover additional opportunities: issues the client didn’t realise you can help with.
- Follow up regularly – it’s a lot cheaper to keep your current customers rather than constantly look for new business. Make a habit of customer service excellency, follow up all leads, check the status of current projects, gather feedback, ask for repeat orders. And before you know it – your past customers will come back.